dark, aggressive hip hop, a chaotic, angular and melancholic soundtrack to the enlightening, and sometimes isolating, act of reaching the midpoint of life.
listen to the record:
“Eugenius is sincerely one of my favorite artists out there right now. His art transcends hip hop, rock, and punk while encapsulating all of that perfectly. He is in a class of his own, and a category that few others find themselves.” – Nathan Gray (Boysetsfire)
Originally released digitally on October 30, 2020, and then via limited-edition cassette (sold-out!) via Friend Club Records his fifth full-length record combines elements of hip hop, industrial, pop, noise and punk. Eugenius delivers a chaotic, angular and melancholic soundtrack to the enlightening, and sometimes isolating, act of reaching the midpoint of life.
Midlife is comprised of 19 tracks, most of which were recorded during quarantine with some excerpts from previously unreleased collaborations. featuring contributions from Cincinnati, Ohio artists Evolve, Grrxrrg, Abiyah,Haskell, Ziprhed, Robert Imhuman, David Armacost, Umin and Sarah Dactyl.
1. Redacted i : Laughing mad – excerpt
2. Savior / self – feat Evolved prod by ggrxrgg & Eugenius
3. Strange times
4. Rats inside the Wheel ( Mad ) feat. Abiyah
5. The Architect
6. Eye for an Eye feat. Haskell
7. Welcome to Midlife
8. Midlife suite i : Killing time
9. Midlife suite ii : Pathetic feat. Ziprhed
10. Midlife suite iii: Fail you
11. Redacted ii : Art is hard – excerpt
12. Don’t care
14. Everything’s Fucked – feat Robert Imhuman
15. Nothing – feat Evolved prod by ggrxrgg & Eugenius
16. Endpoint definition i / redacted iii : Lover in the well – excerpt , prod by David Armacost
17. Endpoint definition ii : an error has occurred feat. Umin
18. Welcome to the end
19. Endpoint definition iii : Estranged feat Sarah Dactyl